Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nesting

A week to go and I cannot wait for it to get here!  I feel similar to how a new mom feels in the day leading up to deliver; anticipation, anxious, excitement- all that jazz TIMES 1000!  So I've taken up to nesting.  Now that I've gone through at least a dozen Project Cure boxes getting supplies and there are no more, I took up to cleaning the break room at work tonight.  That microwave has never looked so good! 

We are doing the big pack Sunday.  I have been soooo truly humbled by the amount of donations.  We have obtained hundreds of pounds worth of medical supplies, thousands of dollars worth of medications and many many other contributions.  Zander's class donated many school supplies and flip flops.  I was able to use some of my financial contributions to purchase additional flip flops- now we will be able to give all 50 kids at the orphanage a brand new pair of flip flops! I can't wait to see their faces!  I'm also planning on donating soccer balls and diapers.  I'm starting to think that we are gonna be over our 1000 pound limit.  That would be just fine though, because the organization sends down two containers annually, so we can just send extras down at a later date.

That's all I have for now.  Thanks again for reading my posts, your prayers, your thoughts, your donations, your advice---I couldn't do this without ALL of you!

Love
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment