My Haiti Habit
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Did you know?
As I prepare for our mission trip, I'm doing some research and learning more about the culture, people and environment of
. Here are some quick-read stats and bullet points...
's religion is voodoo.
• 10% of the child population in
will die before the age of 4.
is the poorest country in the
• 7% (337,000) of the children in
are enslaved. They are as young as 3 years old. They often suffer sexual, emotional, physical abuse.
• $25 can feed more than 70 starving people,
• The language of the
people is Creole.
• 45% of the Hait
population is illiterate.
• $50 can provide medical care for more than seven people.
• 70% of the population lives below poverty level.
• $100 or more can provide an abandoned child with a bed, food and medical treatment for almost a month.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)